Saturday, June 04, 2011

A scent of Arabia in Bistro Grill

Friday saw me & a friend have a late lunch at Bistro Grill in Powai. This Arabian themed restaurant is quite low key but has good friendly service and decent food. As the hour was quite advanced (3 pm or so) we ordered their vegetarian platter of hummus, baba ganoush, pickles, dip etc with pita bread. The pita bread was tortilla style (long and flat). The hummus was delicious rich and creamy with a chick pea decoration. I didnt like the Baba Ganoush which I have eaten better (& made once) - both consistency and taste. With a hummus and pita bread side order, we didnt need a main course.

I also tried their Mint Buttermilk drink which was very refreshing and cooling. Guessing this is good prep for my Turkey vacation too. Bistro Grill also has Arabian Pizzas, Sizzlers etc which we didnt try. Interestng place, I would go back for Turkish coffee and perhaps a sizzler.

Have you been to Bistro Grill? What are your experiences with the food, decor, service?


Got to love the matka style water glasses!



No comments:

Post a Comment