Sunday, June 05, 2011

Toast to Mona Lisa at Da Vinci

Da Vinci at Pali Naka has been a firm favourite for me thru two restaurant locations, a few menu changes and I think management changes too. Last night, I went there for dinner after quite a while, possibly for the first time since I started my food blog. This place has great Italian food (pastas, pizzas, mains)

The menu had undergone yet another change. and the service always good, had gone up a notch. We had a friendly waiter Arjun who made reccomendations, was welcoming about us coming there after a while etc. I do love it when waiters can recommend and have a point of view instead of saying everything is good.

I ordered a Californication (on Arjun's recco) to drink which was a Vodka based cocktail with Plum & Peach flavours. Nice but a bit strong. I like my drink a little mild.

We had a portion of Garlic Bread as a starter as we were going Clubbing after and didnt want a very heavy meal. My main course was a Grilled Cottage Cheese Steak which was delicious but perhaps the salad should have been served on the side.

We skipped dessert but they do a killer blueberry cheesecake. A couple of years ago, I had celebrated my bday here and they served us all complimentary champagne:-). The little touches that keep you coming back! I take a lot of my friends there and my friend Manisha had her first taste of Goat cheese there (she really liked it).  & what's a Da Vinci without a Mona Lisa (they have the print of the famous painting on the wall when you enter)

Californication



Grilled Cottage Cheese Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment