Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ringing in Mama's Bday at Chilli's, Powai

Last Tuesday, was my mum's bday and since I finished a training programme at Rodas, we decided to celebrate with a dinner get together intead of the usual weekend lunch. I finished pretty early (around 6.45 pm) and drove home to pick up my folks and also to encourage my mum to wear the pretty new salvar kameez I had bought her.

We had decided on Chilli's which my mum and me both enjoy. As we were early enough to benefit from "happy hour" we both ordered a Passion fruit Pineapple Fizz drink with sours - quite delicious but the first time I saw sugar instead of salt on the glass. I prefer sour and hence salt.

My main course was a mushroom fajita. Chilli's is one of the rare restaurants that has a seperate vegetarian  and a non vegetarian menu and has about 5 variants in their fajitas. Those following my blog will know fajitas rank high in the mexican cuisine lexicon and I love the DIY nature of the dish. Suprisingly no salsa was served though they brought some when asked.

The nicest part of the evening was the surprise we planned for my mum. My bro who lives in Bangalore landed up just while we were finishing dinner and stayed over. My mum was thrilled as she had no idea he was coming to Mumbai.

I would highly reccomend Chilli's for those who can make the trek to Powai. Its located on the main street opp Crossword.








No comments:

Post a Comment