Saturday, May 07, 2011

A little bit of Paris at Chez Moi

Loving the response to the blog and that folks are reccoing restaurants I should try and review. A couple of days back, heard great reccos for a restaurant a stone's throw from my house and if I had a giant catapult, I could possibly be launched there from my window:-). But I dont and my window has grills, so got there the conventional way walking.

Chez Moi is one of the 5 or 6 restaurants which is makin the Candies lane at Reclamation a food hub to rival Pali Naka / Carter Road / KFC lanea. The good news is most of the food places are casual dining and hence VFM. I had noticed Chez Moi for a while but the exterior didnt impress. The interior though does and actually tries for a french cafe vibe with art to complement.

Had an interesting drink there Basil Lemongrass Mojitos (virgin) as they serve only wine and then a plate of assorted Tapas. The drink was very good but I guess Lemongrass being a bit sour is an acquired taste. The Tapas were a mix of good to fair. I didnt really like the fig flavour.

Their Menu is actually presented in the first few pages of a lifestyle magazine that made for quite an interesting touch. Even the bill is presented in a cigar case.

Though mid week, it was reasonably crowded and people kept pouring in. Their service could do better though as they forgot about my main course order. We decided not to order again as we wanted to check out Quench also in the same lane.







4 comments:

  1. They actually forgot ur main course???I dont think the joint deserves a review after that! But the place does look good and ive heard its a nice place to chill...guess it was one of those wrong nites for u ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valid point and i did think about it. But it was a cute place, the starters were good. Willl give them the benefit of the doubt and try the place again.

    My experience on new places is once they get the teething troubles out of the way, they can really rock and become your regular favourites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chez moi...though the French theme and Italian / Mediterranean food didn't quite fit. But who cares, the food is great! Pity they forgot your main order ...the owner is actually quite a friendly chap and always ensures we leave happy :)
    This is Joanna btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanna, Ya he did come and say hello. will try it again soon and hope to have a full meal:-)

    ReplyDelete