Sunday, May 15, 2011

A toss of the trunk to Rogue Elephant for the great food

I am in Bangalore this weekend spending time with my bro, sis in law and their dog. Along with spending time with them, am also checking out some of Bangalore's nice food places. My first discovery was a cute Italian  restaurant called The Rogue Elephant: The Terrace Bistro. Located on the first floor, this open air place serves starters, salads, pastas and has a wine menu.

Friendly service from waiters who can actually make reccomendations, delicious food and a pleasing ambience makes this place a sure fire spot on a foodie's trail. We ordered Sun Kissed Ice Tea (They let the tea brew in the sun), Innocent Mojito (delicious and minus the alcohol) & a Barman's special to drink and each was quite delicious.

Our starters were Mushrooms Burgundy Style, delicious, mildly flavoured and presented with 4 toasted triangles. My bro ordered the Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese & Dill  which he says is delicious and the Fig Salad (a firm favourite for the two of them).

My main course was Pasta A La Rogue, mushrooms & sundried tomatoes in a tomato based vodka sauce. They didnt have any Jalapenos though which the staff pronounced with a J. My bro and sis in law ordered a Hummus and Pita Veg platter.

The staff continued to check on every dish to see if we enjoyed it, asked us if we needed drink top ups and see to our comfort thru the meal. Nice as in many restaurants, you lose your waiter once your order is served. and when I told them I want to blog about it, they took down my blog url.

We went to the Koramangala branch but there are a couple of others. Do check it out on your next visit.









No comments:

Post a Comment